Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Technology Lesson: Installing a Facebook App

Facebook includes more in its service than status updates and finding old friends. You can share your Flickr uploads, play games, and share your Tweets, too! Facebook (and most social networking sites) include applications (or "apps") that enhances its service. Today I'll show you how to add one.

1. Log in to Facebook.

2. I typed "Twitter" in the search bar at the top right of the screen. These were my results:

3. I clicked APPLICATIONS at the top right of the screen to narrow the results because I want an application that will update both Twitter and Facebook at the same time. These were my results:
3. I picked Social Tweet as the application to use. You may use any application you choose! Here is Social Tweet's Facebook page:

After I decided to use this application I clicked GO TO APPLICATION at the top of the screen on the left. This is the application page:
I entered my Twitter log in and password and clicked START TWEETING to launch the application.

4. The installation is done. This is what it looks like:

If I wanted to send a Tweet, I could type it under WHAT ARE YOU DOING? and click UPDATE.

In the end, I didn't like this application. In twelve hours, we'll examine how to remove an application.

No comments: