Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Technology Lesson: A Gmail Tour

I still think Gmail is the greatest. It offers a lot of storage, is easy to organize, and provides plug-ins and features to make sure your experience is pleasant.

Gmail had recently changed its interface before my summer hiatus. I'll let Google start:

Of course, these tabs are a little vexing for me. If you feel that way (if a job application is listed as social, because it was sent to a social media company) you can fix that in your settings.

Let's look at Gmail's new compose window. This video was published on October 30, 2012. I'm embarrassed.

You can also customize the appearance of your inbox. Maybe you want it purple? I'll let Google explain that too. I know I said I wouldn't phone it in anymore, but you try to explain Gmail while the neighborhood rages for Labor Day!


Additional Information:
Tour, from Google
Interactive Tour

No comments: