Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Technology Lesson: Dragging and Dropping A Playlist to an Apple Device

Now that you know how to import music to iTunes from a CD, and you know how to create a playlist, it's time to take your iPod dexterity to the next level by dragging and dropping a playlist on to your iPod.

If you know how to add music to your ipod, then you probably have a firm grip on this lesson already.

Let's get started!

Turn on your computer, log in if necessary, and start iTunes.


Remember, your iPod is going to be found in the LEFT column under the heading DEVICES. Your playlist will ALSO be in the LEFT column under the heading PLAYLISTS.



Connect your iPod to your computer. Let the device sync, if necessary.


Find the playlist you want to drag and drop. For this lesson, I'll choose LessonsforOldPeople. (You'll note that it has only one song it, per the previous lesson.)


I have a lot of playlists on my iPod and my computer. So many that I can't see the name of my iPod when I choose my playlist! That's OK.



Click the playlist ONCE. Holding the button on your mouse without letting go, drag the playlist by its name to the iPod. If you can't see your iPod, drag it upward until you can.

 
Drop the playlist on your iPod. I prefer to drop it on the name so that I don't accidentally drop my playlist into another playlist.

You'll see a little circle with arrows spinning. This is the sync symbol. When the action is complete, you'll see the playlist listed under your device:


Eject your iPod when you've finished dragging, dropping, and miscellaneous organizing.

By the way, you can skip this and make a playlist on your iPod instead of iTunes. You will need to use either music already on your iPod or drag new music to your iPod from your library.

Previously:
All iTunes Lessons

No comments: