Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why I Want You to Blog

You're a smart cookie, did you know that? You're an adult, an adult with opinions, and decades of life experience. You're intelligent, are able to reason, and are both and mature and responsible. Technology may not be your strongest suit, but you know how to e-mail, and you know how to type. (That's all you need to know when it comes to blogging, really.)

The Internet offers blogging as a free service. It's also a method of communication for billions of people. Regrettably, the Internet is an outlet for plenty of morons. But you are not a moron, and that's really important to me.

You see, there's enough drivel on the Internet. It's time you spoke up with your valuable opinion. (You might not think your opinion is worthy, but I believe that everyone has a right to express him or herself--even if I don't agree with that person.) I think it's time you took your place in the World Wide Web, set up shop, and started to hear ye hear ye.

I don't care what you write about (well, I'd prefer it isn't a hate-filled screed), as much as I care that you write.

And if you're worried that the blogosphere is full of Young People, you'd be wrong. A Pew report found in February that the kids these days blog less than they did three years ago. Moreover, adults are blogging more now than before, up from 11 percent to 18 percent. That doesn't sound like a lot to you, but it sounds like a lot to me!

Are you ready? This is going to be a great month.


Additional Resources:
Blogging is for old people, Pew report finds, SF Gate
Teens: Blogging Is, Like, For Old People, CRN

No comments: