Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Tips Part II

As NaBloPoMo finally begins its end, I thought I'd provide my tips for your blogging experience. Make sure you read Christina's too! Part one was published yesterday.
  • Find a quiet place to collect your thoughts and write. It will prevent mistakes.
  • Don't be afraid to express your opinion. The Internet is full of differing views and perspectives, so you can guarantee someone will always seem less rational and mainstream than you.
  • Treat your work like it's going to print. The Internet may a wild free-for-all, but it's important to take your work and medium seriously.
  • If you feel like you're losing focus, take a step back. If necessary, take a break, and finish later.
  • Stagger your posts. If you have several articles to post, don't post them all at once. If you don't want to schedule advance posting, return the next day and hit publish. This will give your readers some time to read your posts. (I find that when I have several new articles to read at once, I never get the reading done.)
  • See like-minded, Internet-based, individuals. You'll find resources, friends, and new perspectives easily than you imagines.

No comments: