Please note that the final step in deleting one's account requires e-mail confirmation. If you can't access the e-mail account you use to log in to your account, you should change your account settings so you can complete the final step.
1. Log In.
It's possible that you'll need to reset your password, because you haven't logged in years, and you can't possibly remember what you password was. If so, click FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? beneath the Log In button.
MySpace will send you an e-mail and ask you to reset your password:
Go ahead and log in when you've reset your password.
2. Click MY ACCOUNT, located at the top right of the screen next to SIGN OUT.
3. Click ACCOUNT, located in the list under ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
The text will appear red when you click on it.
4. Scroll to the bottom where it says ACCOUNT CANCELLATION. Click CANCEL ACCOUNT.
5. Choose a reason (if you desire) from the list provided on the next page. This isn't mandatory, but I picked a reason anyway.
MySpace will provide additional information in a pop up window to dissuade you from leaving the site. Click NO THANKS, because you can not be convinced otherwise. ¡Viva la Revolucion!
6. Presuming you are as hellbent as I am to delete you account, you need to click CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.
7. ...And now you need to confirm with MySpace, that you are totally sure about this. Myspace warns:
WARNING: Cancelling your MySpace account will permanently remove all of your profile information from MySpace, including your photos, comments, blog entries, videos, and your personal network of friends. This information cannot be restored.Gosh, I hope so. You can provide comments here. I don't have anything to say to MySpace, so I skipped it.
You may re-register your current email address after cancelling, but you will need to rebuild your personal network from scratch.
So click CANCEL MY ACCOUNT again.
MySpace wants to send you an e-mail.
8. Check your e-mail. The confirmation message is probably in your inbox. Follow the instructions. (If you don't, your account will remain active.)
9. You'll see a screen that's very familiar. For the third time, click CANCEL MY ACCOUNT.
MySpace will provide confirmation with an estimated time for deletion. (About 48 hours.)
You did it! You had to be consistent, but you deleted your MySpace account!