Thursday, April 1, 2010

Technology Lesson: How to Add a Friend

So! You think you know how to use Facebook, but you don't know how to add friends. So far, all nine of your friends are people who added you. Let's change that!

For this lesson I am using my sister (who I was already friends with, but I needed a stand-in), who is also a as-of-yet unpublished contributor. Let's thank her for her participation!

1. Log in to Facebook.

2. Using the search bar, type the name of the person you are seeking to add as a friend.

3. Facebook will provide names, groups, and fanpages. Since my sister and I have mutual friends, her name is at the top. If you don't see the person you are looking for (for example, there are many John Smiths), click People and scroll through the options.

4. When you find the person you are looking for, click ADD AS FRIEND.

Facebook will then display in that area that the request is pending.

5. If that person confirms you as his or her friend you will receive an e-mail:
The e-mail will also suggest friends. In this e-mail, it suggested family members and family friends. (Usually it's people I don't know.)

Now up that friend count, Old People!

No comments: