The first thing to do is turn on your computer, open your browser, and log in to Twitter.
Then click the SETTINGS link at the top of the navigation bar on the Web page.
At the bottom of the page CLICK DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
Twitter will take you to the above page. Look at that poor, crying bird! Why would you make a cartoon bird cry?!
Make sure you read Twitter's information on this page before continuing:
So you're good, then? OK.
Before you delete your account, know this:
- This action is permanent: account restoration is currently disabled.
- You do not need to delete your account to change your username. (You can change it on the settings page. All @replies and followers will remain unchanged.)
- Your account may be viewable on twitter.com for a few days after deletion.
- We have no control over content indexed by search engines like Google.
- If you're creating a new account and want to use the same user name, phone number and/or email address associated with this account, you must first change them on this account before you delete it. If you don't, the information will be tied to this account and unavailable for use.
Poof! You're gone! Success.
If you're sure, click TKTKTK.